Jersey City is fortunate to be so close to the water. We’re lucky that we can participant in many water activities such as sailing, jet skiing, fishing. Some even use our waterways as a way to travel to and from work every day. But the waterways can be just as dangerous as driving down the highway.
If you get into a serious accident while enjoying your time on the water, whether it’s water skiing, fishing, or just lounging a boat, you may be entitled to compensation. Jersey City boating accident lawyer Anthony Carbone knows how bad an injury on the waters can be and is ready to get you the compensation that you deserve.
Common Causes for Boating Accidents
Like many vehicle accidents, there are several common causes that result in a boating accident, such as:
- Driving while intoxicated
- Inclement weather
- The vehicle was poorly designed or in need of repair
- The driver is underage or doesn’t have the proper training
Compensation for your Boating Accident
The amount of compensation you might be entitled to after your boating accident all depends on your case itself. After a boating accident, you could receive compensation for:
- Medical expenses, including emergency treatment, rehabilitation, at-home care, etc.
- Economic injuries, such as lost wages
- Pain and suffering
- Property destruction such as the destruction of your boat
To learn more about how our Jersey City boating accident attorney can help you pursue the compensation you deserve in the wake of an accident, please contact the Law Offices of Anthony Carbone today to schedule a free initial review of your case.